Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Science and Dieties, How Faith Opposes the Scientific Method

:: General :: Science

Go down

Science and Dieties, How Faith Opposes the Scientific Method Empty Science and Dieties, How Faith Opposes the Scientific Method

Post by Red Aegis Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:54 pm

The reasons for belief in a deity usually fall into one of three categories: personal experience, logic, and second and above-hand experience. As for personal experience, I do not have a problem with it unless someone tries to use it to convert another person. This reasoning is false, since the other person has no real idea of whether or not the convincer is: lying, delusional, or mistaken. In any of these cases, the scientific principal of repeatable experiments is featured prominently as the method with which we judge the "experiment", which in this case is the personal experience of the other person. My reason for saying this is mirrored in the scandal a while back: the one in which someone made up results indicating a working organic information processor. His experiments could not be used to duplicate results, and then he was revealed as a liar. The scientific community, however, was unharmed since they could not accept his claims without the peer review process. The verifiable experiment is paramount in proving statements in being either true or false. As for the rest of the scientific method, I shall address it as needed, indeed, that along with any god-claims citing logic as reasoning.
Red Aegis
Red Aegis

Tendency : RedSoc

Back to top Go down