Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter Blocks Account For A Government For The First Time

3 posters

:: General :: News

Go down

Twitter Blocks Account For A Government For The First Time  Empty Twitter Blocks Account For A Government For The First Time

Post by Admin Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:58 pm

Twitter Blocks Account For A Government For The First Time  Neo-nazi-germany

BERLIN (AP) — Twitter has for the first time blocked an account using a new tool that allows it to bar content in individual countries, shutting out a banned German neo-Nazi group at the behest of local authorities.

Twitter spokesman Dirk Hensen told The Associated Press in an email Thursday that the account (at)hannoverticker has been blocked only in Germany, where its content is considered illegal.

Is anyone else concerned that this establishes a troubling precedent? Of course, I do not lament the fact that a neo-Nazi account has been removed from Twitter. However, it is conceivable that similar actions can eventually be taken against leftist organizations if/when it becomes politically expedient for bourgeois governments to do so.
Admin
Admin

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down

Twitter Blocks Account For A Government For The First Time  Empty Re: Twitter Blocks Account For A Government For The First Time

Post by capitalism_collapse Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:23 pm

Is anyone else concerned that this establishes a troubling precedent? Of course, I do not lament the fact that a neo-Nazi account has been removed from Twitter. However, it is conceivable that similar actions can eventually be taken against leftist organizations if/when it becomes politically expedient for bourgeois governments to do so.

Concerned as well actually. Not surprised by this occurring in Germany and won't be surprised if and when it happens in the land of the free and elsewhere to those on the Left that voice out in opposition to the ruling class as well.
capitalism_collapse
capitalism_collapse

Tendency : Red

Back to top Go down

Twitter Blocks Account For A Government For The First Time  Empty Re: Twitter Blocks Account For A Government For The First Time

Post by Egalitarian Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:49 am

capitalism_collapse wrote:

Concerned as well actually. Not surprised by this occurring in Germany and won't be surprised if and when it happens in the land of the free and elsewhere to those on the Left that voice out in opposition to the ruling class as well.

I am highly suspicious of any such case of salutary censorship occurring outside of Germany for any reason, for it is universally recognized that the German Right are intentionally oppressed because of their perpetuation of their historical ideology. America and other nations have not demonstrated a similar history to Germany's, thus I do not believe it is likely to happen that the American government or any other will abruptly censor a Leftist movement due to its threat to the bourgeoisie; they plainly don't and will not heave mediation between them and these organizations they consider to be petty, but it is not to say they will not counteract a great fervor of Left-wing patriotism among the average civilian if it were to ignite rapidly.
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist

Back to top Go down

Post by capitalism_collapse Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:04 pm

I should amend what I said earlier as what I meant to say was that I won't be surprised if and when electronic censorship occurs in the States or elsewhere (outside of Germany) to Right wing nationalists, Left wing nationalists, or someone altogether different than those two groups.
capitalism_collapse
capitalism_collapse

Tendency : Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down