Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFO-Trotskyism

2 posters

Go down

UFO-Trotskyism Empty UFO-Trotskyism

Post by W.N Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:29 pm

There was a Trotskyite sect, that also was a UFO-cult. The so called "Posadists", after Juan Posadas.
Have you ever heard about it before?  And what do you think about it?
Anonymous
W.N

Back to top Go down

UFO-Trotskyism Empty Re: UFO-Trotskyism

Post by Celtiberian Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:21 am

Yes, I'm aware of the Posadists.

What is there to say, really? They were imbeciles. Conspiratorial thinking isn't a uniquely right-wing phenomenon.
Celtiberian
Celtiberian

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Scare Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:04 am

No, I wasn't aware of them, but it would not surprise me if such a clique existed, what with the left being in a deplorable state for decades. I don't find it any more bizarre and asinine than eco-feminist anarchists who believe in ancient matriarchies and goddess worship, left-associated punk rock bands that pull juvenile stunts in the name of feminism and gay rights because they think it will make a difference in their country, or other silly conspiratorial thinking on the left. It does reflect poorly on Trotskyism that some of its adherents fall into that category, but one can probably also find at least one example of a self-described Marxist-Leninist group that espouses similar nonsense.

I am amused by the title of the thread, though. I assume you are not a fan of old Trotsky and his "Trotskyite" legacy. I don't mind that. In my opinion, Trotskyists have done more harm than good to the international communist movement.
Rev Scare
Rev Scare

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down

Post by W.N Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:31 pm

Of course, it wasn´t possible for me to post any links. But google wiki "Juan Posadas" or "Fourth International - Posadist", or the homepage of this organisation.

Perhaps we can call these a Trotskyite version of "David Icke".   May also wonder if Trotsky himself had any views concerning UFO, was he ever interested in this?
On the otherhand at the posadist homepage, there´s really a lot of articles, and some really interesting.
Anonymous
W.N

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down