Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Existentialism vs. essentialism

3 posters

:: General :: Theory

Go down

Existentialism vs. essentialism  Empty Existentialism vs. essentialism

Post by Egalitarian Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:42 pm

Existentialism: Existence precedes essence.

Essentialism: Essence precedes existence.

Which choice is the correct one to adhere to?
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist

Back to top Go down

Existentialism vs. essentialism  Empty Re: Existentialism vs. essentialism

Post by capitalism_collapse Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:47 pm

Darn, what I know of the subjects (mind you, which is very limited in scope largely based on hearsay from a good friend of mine who considers herself of the existentialist camp) perhaps a little of both? Haha.
capitalism_collapse
capitalism_collapse

Tendency : Red

Back to top Go down

Post by Egalitarian Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:28 pm

capitalism_collapse wrote:Darn, what I know of the subjects (mind you, which is very limited in scope largely based on hearsay from a good friend of mine who considers herself of the existentialist camp) perhaps a little of both? Haha.

Theory: Bourgeois standards of the conditions in which proletarian 'liberation' can be achieved in could be increased by them to an unreachable goal, thereby rendering the labour of the proletariat to be null in itself always henceforth as the bourgeoisie manifestation develops in response to the increasing proletarian desperation. Typically the Left considers the motivation of individuals' sustenance to be the basis of their livelihood; ergo, existentialism is correct, but the concern here is that the bourgeoisie could deprive the working class of any merit in a manner which I have mentioned prior, within a society dictated by the elites who rule the objective view in it. Should the workingmen be considered innately valuable? Truly we recognize the appreciation of their contributions, but their handlers do not. Can essentialism be the proper way? The working class comprises the most of civilization, and with its democratic decisions by it, it should declare itself as an inherently righteous entity over the capitalists. A minority of grotesque individuals among them should not be able to spoil the complacent quality of the majority.
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist

Back to top Go down

Post by MutualistPhilosophy Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:46 pm

I`m an existentialist and philosophical naturalist so I believe that existence forms naturally out of material conditions with no need for any supernatural intervention.Science demonstrates that this is possible even if a lot of laymen don`t understand how it could be.Arguments from incredulity are frankly useless in science.
MutualistPhilosophy
MutualistPhilosophy

Tendency : Mutualist Anarcho-feminist Green anarchist

http://Mutualist.org Anarcha.org greenanarchy.anarchyplanet.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: General :: Theory

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum