Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK's Poorest Families hit Hardest by Recession and Austerity

2 posters

Go down

UK's Poorest Families hit Hardest by Recession and Austerity  Empty UK's Poorest Families hit Hardest by Recession and Austerity

Post by Admin Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:12 am

Admin
Admin

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down

UK's Poorest Families hit Hardest by Recession and Austerity  Empty Re: UK's Poorest Families hit Hardest by Recession and Austerity

Post by Red Aegis Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:04 pm

I think that this just goes to show that austerity in the name of fiscal responsibility goes after the weakest in society. To engage in austerity practices forces the lowest in society to pay for the mistakes of those for whom this economic mode most helps to begin with.

It only makes sense that those with power would utilize both their wealth and ideological hegemony to push the costs of their actions away from themselves.

We should not have to live in a system where the mistakes of one small group of the population can ruin the lives of their employees, the lives of pensioners, and those of children. The inherent instability of Capitalism is patched over through quantitative easing and other economic techniques designed to mitigate disaster and build the stages for others.

I think that the common saying, "privatize the gains, socialize the losses" is the simplest way to put it.
Red Aegis
Red Aegis

Tendency : RedSoc

Back to top Go down

UK's Poorest Families hit Hardest by Recession and Austerity  Empty Re: UK's Poorest Families hit Hardest by Recession and Austerity

Post by Red Aegis Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:49 pm

I see a lot of this talk about 'living within our means' on the right and from ill-informed liberals. They tend to think of people who, like the families mentioned above, are poor need to live more frugally and save their wealth despite almost all of their money going into survival.

These chants for frugality are only started when it comes for the poor and middle-income people to pick up the slack loosed by the rich and their proxies. 'Efficiency', 'Frugality', and all those other vacuous concepts are merely propagandist screeches used to brow-beat people into feeling guilty for troubles and crises they likely had no part in causing.

It sickens me to think that politics are mirroring those from the times of Charles Dickens's Oliver Twist. People needn't go hungry, children needn't be cold at night. This has to stop.

I felt the need to say this after reading this.
Red Aegis
Red Aegis

Tendency : RedSoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum