Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

50,000 new McJobs

+2
Rebel Redneck 59
hermeticist
6 posters

Go down

50,000 new McJobs Empty 50,000 new McJobs

Post by hermeticist Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:07 pm

Interesting piece at wsws.org:

http://wsws.org/articles/2011/apr2011/mcdo-a20.shtml

McDonald’s restaurant, the world’s largest hamburger fast food chain, declared April 19 their “National Hiring Day” in the US. The company is seeking to fill 50,000 positions throughout the country ...

An effort is being made in the media to portray the McDonald’s hiring day as a positive indicator of the state the US economy.

The addition of thousands of positions at an employer such as McDonald’s is, however, indicative of a significant trend taking hold throughout the US economy; to whatever degree large manufacturers and service companies are adding jobs, they are doing so on the basis of poverty wages.
hermeticist
hermeticist

Back to top Go down

50,000 new McJobs Empty Re: 50,000 new McJobs

Post by Rebel Redneck 59 Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:47 am

hermeticist wrote:Interesting piece at wsws.org:

http://wsws.org/articles/2011/apr2011/mcdo-a20.shtml

McDonald’s restaurant, the world’s largest hamburger fast food chain, declared April 19 their “National Hiring Day” in the US. The company is seeking to fill 50,000 positions throughout the country ...

An effort is being made in the media to portray the McDonald’s hiring day as a positive indicator of the state the US economy.

The addition of thousands of positions at an employer such as McDonald’s is, however, indicative of a significant trend taking hold throughout the US economy; to whatever degree large manufacturers and service companies are adding jobs, they are doing so on the basis of poverty wages.
I read about this on Yahoo News. Doesnt surprise me one bit. The US is becoming more and more the land of service and office jobs.
Rebel Redneck 59
Rebel Redneck 59

Tendency : Venerable Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:55 am

hermeticist wrote:McDonald’s restaurant, the world’s largest hamburger fast food chain, declared April 19 their “National Hiring Day” in the US. The company is seeking to fill 50,000 positions throughout the country ...

That is definitely the new norm in this economy. One should take that sad fact into account whenever reading about the monthly "job creation" in this country.

This is certainly a bleak scenario. And with rising prices for essentials like food and energy, demand for other goods and services will further plummet.
Admin
Admin

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Mcnichol Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:47 am

Some 50.000 brand new slave positions to be filled...

McDonalds is maybe the pinacle of capitalism greed and deviation. I would rather work in almost anything else, just by judging the conditions in wich it's workers go by daily, and how much they are paid in the end.
Leon Mcnichol
Leon Mcnichol

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:05 pm

50,000 new McJobs Mcjob
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:36 pm

Funny coincidence, I saw posters up for McDonald's "National Hiring Day" over at my college's student union yesterday. Kmart was also advertising a "hiring day," at least for the local area. And then, of course, you have the military —particularly the Reserve components— advertising all over campus. What prospects this generation is facing...

Last edited by Admin on Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hermeticist Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:16 pm

Admin wrote:Funny coincidence, I saw posters up for McDonald's "National Hiring Day" over at my college's student union yesterday. Kmart was also advertising a "hiring day," at least for the local area. And then, of course, you have the military —particularly the Reserve components, not surprisingly— advertising all over campus. What prospects this generation is facing...

Absolutely. Who are those nay-sayers who are saying there are no jobs around? All that is needed is a "positive mental attitude." Opportunities abound.
hermeticist
hermeticist

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtiberian Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:24 pm

hermeticist wrote:Absolutely. Who are those nay-sayers who are saying there are no jobs around? All that is needed is a "positive mental attitude." Opportunities abound.

This is the "land of opportunity," is it not? When we allow our benevolent capitalist masters to accumulate without constraint the wealth magically trickles down and we're all better off as a result!

50,000 new McJobs Trickle-down

On second thought..
Celtiberian
Celtiberian

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Scare Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:38 am

Celtiberian wrote:
hermeticist wrote:Absolutely. Who are those nay-sayers who are saying there are no jobs around? All that is needed is a "positive mental attitude." Opportunities abound.

This is the "land of opportunity," is it not? When we allow our benevolent capitalist masters to accumulate without constraint the wealth magically trickles down and we're all better off as a result!

50,000 new McJobs Trickle-down

On second thought..
My friend, do you not know? If you simply work hard and try, you will succeed! Do not allow those dismal national statistics to dissuade you. They are irritating. All you must do is suppress in your mind what you experience in reality and instead focus upon the bounty of this land of opportunity!

Think about it: your future consists of sanguine possibilities, including, and limited to, the precarious ability to acquire one of the grand and exceptionally low-paying "McJobs" or other such elevating prospects as Kmart, Walmart, and other beneficial and non-parasitical enterprises; worry not, for if all else fails, you may always survive by placing your life in jeopardy and becoming a cog in the military-industrial complex as it perpetuates its wars against peace!

Last edited by Revolutionary Wolf on Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rev Scare
Rev Scare

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebel Redneck 59 Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:41 am

All I can say is Im lucky enough to be able to live off the land. Otherwise I would be working at Burger King ( or some other similar place). The level so many Americans have gone down to is embarrassing. I know of several families in my area where both husband and wife work at Walmart or McDonalds and still have trouble paying the bills. This is exactly why I shudder nowadays when I think of all the so called Nationalists who say such a state of affairs is okay. How anyone (who thinks that its good if such a large percentage of their Nation's members work at McJobs) can refer to themselves as a Nationalist is beyond me.
Rebel Redneck 59
Rebel Redneck 59

Tendency : Venerable Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum