Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

High Fructose Corn Syrup

3 posters

:: General :: Science

Go down

High Fructose Corn Syrup  Empty High Fructose Corn Syrup

Post by Comrade Hassan Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:10 pm

Yes this concoction has graced use with its viscous presence for some time now but * maybe its just me * I see more corn based creations slowly making there way into the food of the general public.
They say it is safe to eat and all that jazz, but if there is one thing I have learned is to expect a hidden kick to your dates whenever Mr.FDA says something is *Generally recognized as safe*.
*Generally recognized as safe* is nothing more but another way of bending the branch their way.
I like to imagine two scientist with receding hairlines and multiple chins cackling as they find out how to make corn look like meat.
Sounds far fetched I know, but I would expect no less from the enemy's of freedom and flavor.
Look at the labels of your edibles and see for yourselves.
Comrade Hassan
Comrade Hassan

Tendency : Ba'ath

Back to top Go down

High Fructose Corn Syrup  Empty Re: High Fructose Corn Syrup

Post by Pantheon Rising Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:27 pm

There was a time when I was younger and I was a little overweight (about 8th grade). I started getting active and I completely cut out High Fructose Corn Syrup. I managed to lose a lot of weight. About 60 pounds actually, I still don't eat it and I haven't put it back on. (Perhaps maybe cause I am still active too).

Point is, it is put in our foods because it is cheap, easy to replicate, and tastes good. Food corporations squeeze every cent they can for profit by using HFCS. It isn't put in food cause it is good for us, it is put in food simply for profit. The high fructose mixture as opposed to the normal 50% glucose 50% fructose mixture actually has a different effect on our bodies. One of the main things is that it leaves people less full; thus wanting more. Supersize me much? Capitalism is a disease and profit is one of the main reasons the USA is the fattest countries in the world.

The use of HFCS is actually one of the arguments I use on cappie sympathizers to demonstrate the destructive nature of capitalism. Oh, and forget the FDA, it is already bought off by the rich owners of food and drug corpos.
Pantheon Rising
Pantheon Rising

Tendency : Marx minus Feurbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Comrade Hassan Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:21 pm

It does not surprise me that not many people are aware of the dangers of this perversion of nature because not many people care about what they are putting into their body's or they just don't know.
The commercials advocating its safety and the body's inability to tell the difference between the two has a creepy vibe.
Memories of the 1985 movie called * The Stuff * come to mind.
Comrade Hassan
Comrade Hassan

Tendency : Ba'ath

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Aegis Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:25 pm

This settled the debate for me.
Red Aegis
Red Aegis

Tendency : RedSoc

Back to top Go down