Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should the Rich Share Their Wealth?

2 posters

:: General :: Lounge

Go down

Should the Rich Share Their Wealth? Empty Should the Rich Share Their Wealth?

Post by Rev Scare Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:24 pm

Max Fraad Wolff performed adequately, in my opinion, but he was not thorough enough in refuting the tripe spewed by the reactionary garbage Sean Motley.
Rev Scare
Rev Scare

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down

Should the Rich Share Their Wealth? Empty Re: Should the Rich Share Their Wealth?

Post by Celtiberian Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:51 am

I agree that Max Fraad-Wolff did fairly well in the debate. Unlike his father (Richard), Fraad-Wolff seems to be arguing from a left-Keynesian perspective, which may explain why he was unable to sufficiently refute the reactionary rhetoric Motley was employing.

Sean Motley's incessant invocation of the Constitution to buttress his arguments was especially annoying. How these strict constructionists can seriously believe a document penned over two centuries ago—well before the capitalist mode of production even existed on a significant scale in this country—should hold any relevance whatsoever in contemporary economic policy is beyond me. Motley, like most modern conservatives, obviously hopes that such blatant appeals to American patriotism will be adequate enough to secure votes for the Republicans; but while such tactics may have proved fruitful in the past, the worsening economic crisis is starting to produce the effect of having ever larger segments of the working class starting to think in terms of bread and butter, not guns, religion, and patriotism.
Celtiberian
Celtiberian

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down