Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Liberals Debate Over Obama

Go down

Liberals Debate Over Obama Empty Liberals Debate Over Obama

Post by Admin Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:50 am

A growing amount of influential liberals are choosing to adopt the same sort of yellow dog Democrat bullshit Professor Jurgensmeyer was espousing in this debate. However, I think Sirota's sentiments are shared by at least a significant plurality of registered Democrats and Independents. My hope, of course, is that the latest failures of the Democratic Party will result in the sort of mass political exodus that the revolutionary left has been in desperate need of for some time. However, I am not at all optimistic about the contemporary left's ability to take advantage of such a development. Furthermore, experience leads me to believe that any significant departure with the Democratic establishment will be short lived, at least in the event that a Republican wins the election in 2012. At that point, most liberals will again gravitate towards the Democratic Party and proceed to blame the 'left' opposition for having contributed to a Perry or Romney victory. (We see this in how many liberals have come to regard people like Ralph Nader, for having 'spoiled' the election for Al Gore.)
Admin
Admin

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down