The 'Brievik' story continues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The 'Brievik' story continues

Post by Isakenaz on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:19 am

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/breiviks-ex-edl-mentor-condemns-massacre-105204275.html

Breivik's Ex-EDL 'Mentor' Condemns Massacre

A former English Defence League activist who fears his blog influenced Norwegian massacre suspect Anders Breivik has condemned the killings.

Breivik, 32, is facing trial over bomb and gun attacks last Friday that left 76 people dead - including dozens of teenagers - and shocked the world.

Before the killings, Breivik published online a 1,500-page 'manifesto' - a chilling justification of his actions.

It cites a number of influences, but apparently ***** Englishman Paul Ray as his mentor, thanks to his anti-Muslim blog which the 35-year-old entitled Richard The Lionheart.

Mr Ray is the leader of a Knights Templar movement inspired by the actions of medieval crusaders against Islam and wrote the blog to vent his frustration at the Muslims living in Luton.

Breivik, who contacted his 'mentor' and attempted to become his Facebook friend, praised Mr Ray for defending his town from Islamification.

But Malta-based Mr Paul condemned the killings and said he turned Brievik down as a friend on the social networking site, as he "didn't like the look of him".

"I am being implicated as his mentor," said Mr Ray, who left Britain for Malta in 2008 after he was arrested for allegedly inciting racial hatred on his blogsite.

"I definitely could have been his inspiration," he conceded.

"He has given me a platform and a profile but what he did was pure evil. I could never use what he has done to further my own beliefs."

Breivik, who admitted detonating a bomb in Oslo which killed eight people before gunning down 68 on the island of Utoya, posted pictures of himself dressed in the Knights Templar uniform.

In the manifesto, he described a man similar to Mr Ray as his 'mentor' after he claimed to have met him at an event in 2008.

On Sunday, the English Defence League (EDL) denied in a statement it had any "official contact" with Breivik, despite his claims that he had been in touch with them.

"We can categorically state that there has never been any official contact between him and the EDL - our Facebook page had 100,000 supporters and receives tens of thousands of comments each day," the statement read.

"And there is no evidence that Breivik was ever one of those 100,000 supporters."

:: Breivik was due to be interrogated by police for a second time.


"He has given me a platform and a profile..." So some are basking in reflected glory then. EDL claims to have no problem with ordinary Muslims, just those of a radical nature. Rolling Eyes


Last edited by Isakenaz on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added comment)
avatar
Isakenaz
___________________
___________________

Tendency : Socialist-Nationalist
Posts : 646
Reputation : 266
Join date : 2011-04-02
Age : 62
Location : Yorkshire, England

Back to top Go down

Re: The 'Brievik' story continues

Post by Isakenaz on Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:24 am

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/norway-suspect-breivik-quizzed-again-014755290.html

Killer Breivik Taken For Second Interrogation

Norwegian police have transported Anders Breivik, who last Friday killed 76 people, from his high-security prison to their headquarters in Oslo for a second round of interrogation.

It will be the first time police have quizzed the far-right extremist since the morning after his shooting rampage on the island of Utoya and the bomb blast in central Oslo.

He was questioned for seven hours last Saturday and this morning he was transported from Ila prison, a former Nazi concentration camp, to Oslo in an armoured car.

Police official Paal-Fredrik Hjort Kraby said officers would question Breivik on "information received over the last few days - which is a lot", although he did not elaborate.

But as the investigation becomes more complex and tougher to untangle the 32-year-old might not be brought to justice until next year, top legal officials have warned.

Pointing to the mounting evidence, the Norwegian king's prosecutor general, Tor Aksel Buschhe, said: "We hope that we can conduct the court trial in the course of next year."

He added that Breivik's indictment "will not be ready before the end of the year" - despite the fact that he has confessed to both the bombing and the shooting.

On Friday - one week after the two attacks, which began with the detonation of a car bomb in Oslo that killed eight - the first of the many funerals takes place.

Bano Abodakar Rashid, 18, one of the 68 gunned down on the island of Utoya, will be remembered at midday, the same time that the Norwegian police will conduct a press conference.

In addition, there will be a memorial service in Oslo held by the youth movement of the Norwegian Labour party, which was the target of the shootings on Utoya island.

Norway's prime minister Jens Stoltenberg and most of his government will join bereaved relatives for the service, while the national flag will fly at half-mast all day.

Meanwhile, it has emerged that Breivik, who is being kept in solitary confinement at Ila, had been a member of an Oslo gun club since 2005.

Two witnesses have also reported that Brevik was carrying a walkie-talkie radio while on the island - adding to his front as a police officer.

"He was dressed like a policeman. He had all the equipment - the walkie-talkie, the arms, everything," 15-year-old survivor Jo Granli Kallset said.

Another survivor Emma Martinovic recounted her experiences on Utoya in a blog.

She wrote: "I heard the b****** laugh, I heard him shout 'you won't get away'."

The 18-year-old continued: "All of a sudden, we saw everybody running, nobody said anything but everybody ran. I grabbed Aase (a friend) and told her 'run', and everybody started shouting 'run! run!'"

The teenager describes jumping in the water and swimming away from the island as friends were mowed down around her, before finally reaching a boat with other survivors on board.

Meanwhile, at a meeting of European Union terrorism experts in Brussels, officials warned that the bloodbath in Norway, which they said was almost "impossible to prevent", underlined the need for stronger European counter-terrorism action.
avatar
Isakenaz
___________________
___________________

Tendency : Socialist-Nationalist
Posts : 646
Reputation : 266
Join date : 2011-04-02
Age : 62
Location : Yorkshire, England

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum