Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Slow Fix

Go down

The Slow Fix Empty The Slow Fix

Post by Entfremdung Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:58 pm

http://www.iwca.info/?p=10223#more-10223

Good article.  Until recently I had dismissed UKIP as the breakaway petty bourgeois idiot-wing of the Tory party but I've been hearing more and more traditionally working class people saying they are voting for them and that I should do the same.  It's a similar phenomena to the Tea Party in America: social conservativism, Right-libertarian economics, anti-establishment posturing.  Rich twats using the majority to push forward their own agenda... as always.

...after 13 years of New Labour in power where they left no-one in any doubt as to their true colours (as former Labour minister Frank Field has recently remarked: ‘In my lifetime, we’ve moved from a Labour Party which was working class-dominated. Some trendy London middle class went along with it but [were] subjected, at least publicly, to the moral economy of the working class. We’ve moved to a stage where what was that minority is in a governing position, which imposes upon the working class its moral economy… there is a real crisis of representation.’); and five years into a renewed crisis of Western capitalism, why is the political vacuum among the working class being filled by parties of the radical right, not the left?
Both the neo-liberal right and the nationalist right over recent decades have dramatically out-thought the left in terms of political strategy. They have identified tactics, narratives and constituencies, while the left has succeeded in alienating its core constituency of the working class. Even a glib mainstream pundit such as the Independent’s Owen Jones has been compelled to concede that ‘the right have been winning the intellectual argument for over 30 years…  the left has been forced into an entirely defensive posture. “Stop privatisation”, “defend our NHS”, “stop the cuts”, “save comprehensive education”; stop the world, I want to get off. Contrast this with the booming right-wing intelligentsia, injecting the seemingly impossible into the mainstream, pushing the political goalposts ever right-wards’
Entfremdung
Entfremdung

Tendency : Social Revolutionary

Back to top Go down