Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm writing a book

4 posters

:: General :: Culture :: Literature

Go down

I'm writing a book Empty I'm writing a book

Post by Anarcho-Edge Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:05 pm

I'm an aspiring writer,and I am writing a book.You wanna hear about it?Too bad,I'm telling you anyway

It's about a 15-year-old girl named Athena.One night she has a dream that she's in a steampunk city,and a mysterious man comes up to her,and tells her that her presence in the city puts her world in danger.Just then,two police officers go after the man.As soon as that happens her brother wakes her up to go to school.She goes downstairs to meet her friends in the kitchen.They go outside,and they see a man in Victorian style dress walking down the street,towards her house.He meets her brother,and asks him if there was a room to rent.There is,and he moves in.Athena notices that he is the same man from her dream.Her friends walk on,but she stays there,staring at the room he is in in wonder.

She finds out that in an alternate universe,France has two warring factions at play:the Nationalists,and the Imperials.France was home to a race called Phileon.They were conquered during a fascist uprising.They set up a militarist government,and made the Phileons their slaves,along with other races.But they discovered that an ancient prophecy that in the future,they would be oppressed by a corrupt government (the Imperials),and a girl from another world will come,and it's gonna be lights out.So they try to get ready for her arrival.

My influences come from several places.One of those is the Marvel universe.I like how something one character does,affects another.Other influences include steampunk culture,like Hugo,and Leviathan.I like the overall feel to it.I plan to do this for a while,and create this big fictional universe,where everything is intertwined one way or another.

Any comments?Questions?I know it's hard to judge a story only by synopsis,but would you read ti?Anything would be good
Anarcho-Edge
Anarcho-Edge

Tendency : Irish nationalism

Back to top Go down

I'm writing a book Empty Re: I'm writing a book

Post by Rev Scare Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:55 pm

Well, good luck.
Rev Scare
Rev Scare

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtiberian Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:43 pm

I think your plot is certainly something you can develop into an intriguing story. To answer your question, I would probably read your book, as the little fiction I read tends to revolve around political topics.

Like Rev Scare, I wish you the best of luck with your writing.
Celtiberian
Celtiberian

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down

Post by Anarcho-Edge Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Thank you for your comments.If all goes as planned (which in itself is a miracle) I will be done by August
Anarcho-Edge
Anarcho-Edge

Tendency : Irish nationalism

Back to top Go down

Post by Confusion Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:27 pm

Good luck on that! :-)

I have been thinking on a plot for a book as well.

An alien expedition comes to planet Earth as it looks in the Terminator-universe some time after judgmenet-day.

Humans and terminators are fighting, and the aliens doesn't care so much about that conflict.

But they do poke around, and since they are curious they grab a terminator-man (Arnold) and take him home with them. (I imagine he is on his way to some human shelter to infiltrate and then go on a killing-spree when they collect him)

Arnold is no threat, as skynet has not given any orders to shoot non-humans, and the aliens like him for his straight answers, minimalistic and logically constructed philosophy, and his ability to do any complex and/or hard physical work they put him to do, with minimal instructions.

So they want more terminator-machines, and in order to get more, they go to Earth. (these aliens have complex spaceships, but programming have never been their thing, so they are incapable of manufacturing the type of densely packed and hyper-complex computer systems one needs in order to make their own terminators)

I am not sure how to proceed from there, but the main idea is that they kidnap more Arnold-bots, and there will have to be shooting and drama. Skynet will definitely get angry when it figures out whats happening. It needs some sort of dramatic finale, and a (philosophical?) point, a message of some kind.

By best idea so far, is that the Humans are winning the war, so in the end the aliens evacuate the Skynet hub and set it up on another planet. That way skynet can make more Arnolds for them, and everybody are happy.
Confusion
Confusion

Tendency : Vague, anti-liberal leftism

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down