The RevLeft Troll Thread

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The RevLeft Troll Thread

Post by DSN on Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:19 pm

Celtiberian wrote:They usually use the straw man argument of accusing all conceptions of nationalism (left-wing or otherwise) of being inherently class collaborationist. This is convenient for them, of course, because it leaves the impression that only cosmopolitanism is consistent with revolutionary socialism. Omitted is the fact that the majority of socialist theorists in the past found left-wing nationalism unobjectionable from the perspective of class struggle. Now, nationalism obviously can be utilized by the bourgeoisie to quell the class struggle, but it can just as easily be used by socialists and communists to advance the class struggle, as Jame Connolly understood. In other words, nationalism is a neutral medium which needs to be provided with content in order to be politically effective.

I think they honestly are scared of the idea. What's more worrying is the possibility of causing a huge split between the left at the brink of revolution when left-wing nationalism is thrown into the same basket of apples as bourgeois nationalism, and certain groups—or even entire nations—begin wasting their energy on suppressing left-wing nationalist movements which could otherwise actually be far more productive for our cause than killing each other ever will be. I don't know a lot about this area of history, but I've never heard anything about autonomous Native American groups becoming violently racist and building huge armies to destroy other nations, even when they were the ones being attacked and were fighting for their freedom. I simply don't understand why it has to be fascism or world domination when the idea of self-determination presents itself.

_________________
"The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government."
- Thomas Paine
avatar
DSN
_________________________
_________________________

Tendency : Socialist
Posts : 344
Reputation : 276
Join date : 2012-03-28
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Re: The RevLeft Troll Thread

Post by Comrade Tito on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:45 am

I think it is because most of those people really embrace extreme liberalism rather than any sort of socialism.

Comrade Tito
___________________________
___________________________

Tendency : Titoism
Posts : 25
Reputation : 40
Join date : 2011-08-29
Location : Slovakia

Back to top Go down

Re: The RevLeft Troll Thread

Post by DSN on Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Comrade Tito wrote:I think it is because most of those people really embrace extreme liberalism rather than any sort of socialism.

Plastic anarkiddie socialism. It's focused on the idea of equality more than the reality of it.

_________________
"The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government."
- Thomas Paine
avatar
DSN
_________________________
_________________________

Tendency : Socialist
Posts : 344
Reputation : 276
Join date : 2012-03-28
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Red Aegis suck cocks

Post by Sex Bomb on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:54 am

Red Aegis suck cocks

That's all.

Regards from RevLeft
avatar
Sex Bomb
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The RevLeft Troll Thread

Post by Red Aegis on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:30 am


_________________
Red Star Liberty, Equality, Fraternity, and Social Justice Red Star
avatar
Red Aegis
_________________________
_________________________

Tendency : RedSoc
Posts : 738
Reputation : 522
Join date : 2011-10-27
Location : U.S.

Back to top Go down

Re: The RevLeft Troll Thread

Post by Rev Scare on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:39 pm

How dare you use such homophobic language on our forum, sir? You imply that male oral sex is offensive, yet numerous lads on RevLeft doubtlessly partake in it. (Penis in vagina sex, on the other hand, is viewed with scorn, of course.)

On a serious note, I will allow this post to remain, simply to exemplify how pitiful our cosmopolitan opposition is. All future threads created with the sole intent to insult our site and/or members will be deleted without hesitation.

_________________
"Let us finally imagine, for a change, an association of free men, working with the means of production held in common." Hammer Sickle
Karl Marx



RSF Executive Committee Officer
avatar
Rev Scare
________________________
________________________

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist
Posts : 821
Reputation : 911
Join date : 2011-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Utah

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down

Re: The RevLeft Troll Thread

Post by Entfremdung on Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:33 pm

Comrade Tito wrote:I think it is because most of those people really embrace extreme liberalism rather than any sort of socialism.

EXACTLY.

Just tried posting on RevLeft.  Instantly accused of fascism and consigned to the trash because they "skim read" and jumped to a whole lot of false assumptions. Rolling Eyes
avatar
Entfremdung
___________________________
___________________________

Tendency : Social Revolutionary
Posts : 78
Reputation : 53
Join date : 2013-06-14
Location : England

Back to top Go down

Re: The RevLeft Troll Thread

Post by Celtiberian on Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:23 pm

We've been discovered, yet again. This time by the user Naroc. S/he asks:

Naroc wrote:I just read that it is a board for left-wing nationalists. Does that mean they're Stalinists/Maoists?

The answer is we accept all revolutionary socialists on our forum, including Maoists and Marxist-Leninists. Our moderators, however, consist exclusively of revolutionary syndicalists, i.e., libertarian communists who believe the dictatorship of capital will be ended via the direct action of the working class.

The left-wing nationalism we espouse does not originate in the writings of Stalin or Mao, but can rather be traced to the work of men like Otto Bauer and James Connolly. In short, we believe that national identity is a legitimate and enduring form of self-identification which will persist into communism.

Naroc then adds:

Naroc wrote:Some of their opinions and statements seemed quite strange to me.

How so? Feel free to state why in our Opposing Views sub-forum.

A Revleft moderator, Sasha, is quick to respond, discouraging further inquiry into our forum by assuring curious members that we're "mostly nazbols and other 'red' fascists," hence it's "best to ignore [us] altogether, unless you're a masochist." It's fascinating we should be dismissed as "nazbols" and "red fascists" considering the scarcity of members who adhere to those doctrines on our forum. With respect to the former, we permit them to join under the strict condition they conform with our general guidelines and are legitimately anti-capitalist in orientation. As for the latter, so-called "red fascists"—by which I presume Sasha means Strasserists—are regularly debated and restricted.

_________________
RSF Executive Committee (Chairman)
"The dogma of human equality is no part of Communism . . . the formula of Communism: 'from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs', would be nonsense, if abilities were equal."
—J. B. S. Haldane Hammer Sickle

"Nationality. . . is a historic, local fact which, like all real and harmless facts, has the right to claim general acceptance. . . Every people, like every person, is involuntarily that which it is and therefore has a right to be itself. . . Nationality is not a principle; it is a legitimate fact, just as individuality is. Every nationality, great or small, has the incontestable right to be itself, to live according to its own nature. This right is simply the corollary of the general principle of freedom."
—Mikhail Bakunin Red Star
avatar
Celtiberian
________________________
________________________

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist
Posts : 1523
Reputation : 1615
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 30
Location : Florida

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down

Re: The RevLeft Troll Thread

Post by Celtiberian on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:19 pm

As I predicted, the recent RevLeft thread devoted to our forum has descended into a flagrant campaign of disinformation. We've been accused of racism and antisemitism (despite the fact our forum guidelines state that those who promote ethnic chauvinism will be restricted or banned, and we have debated reactionaries of that sort several times in the past), crypto-Third Positionism (ignoring that we adamantly reject the notion that there can be a 'third way' between capitalism and communism), and fascism (because, apparently, only fascists have used the word "phalanx" in a non-military context historically—forget Charles Fourier's Phalanstère). The user Vincent West is, by fay, the worst the offender in terms of perpetuating myths about the Socialist Phalanx.

Being that we're dealing with seriously deranged individuals, I'm going to make this rather simple: we are communists (i.e., activists who demand the socialization of the means of production, distribution, and exchange) who additionally believe that national identity is not reducible to bourgeois ideology. We categorically reject every tenet of fascist doctrine (e.g., ethnic chauvinism, militarism, imperialism, palingenetic ultranationalism, and corporativism).

What I find so ironic is many of the figures these cosmopolitan imbeciles revere (e.g., Karl Marx and Mikhail Bakunin) made remarks infinitely more racist than one could locate among the restricted members of this forum. Yet how often does one hear Marx, Engels, or Bakunin accused of "fascism"?

_________________
RSF Executive Committee (Chairman)
"The dogma of human equality is no part of Communism . . . the formula of Communism: 'from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs', would be nonsense, if abilities were equal."
—J. B. S. Haldane Hammer Sickle

"Nationality. . . is a historic, local fact which, like all real and harmless facts, has the right to claim general acceptance. . . Every people, like every person, is involuntarily that which it is and therefore has a right to be itself. . . Nationality is not a principle; it is a legitimate fact, just as individuality is. Every nationality, great or small, has the incontestable right to be itself, to live according to its own nature. This right is simply the corollary of the general principle of freedom."
—Mikhail Bakunin Red Star
avatar
Celtiberian
________________________
________________________

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist
Posts : 1523
Reputation : 1615
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 30
Location : Florida

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down

Re: The RevLeft Troll Thread

Post by Uberak on Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:54 pm

Celtiberian wrote:As I predicted, the recent RevLeft thread devoted to our forum has descended into a flagrant campaign of disinformation. We've been accused of racism and antisemitism (despite the fact our forum guidelines state that those who promote ethnic chauvinism will be restricted or banned, and we have debated reactionaries of that sort several times in the past), crypto-Third Positionism (ignoring that we adamantly reject the notion that there can be a 'third way' between capitalism and communism), and fascism (because, apparently, only fascists have used the word "phalanx" in a non-military context historically—forget Charles Fourier's Phalanstère). The user Vincent West is, by fay, the worst the offender in terms of perpetuating myths about the Socialist Phalanx.

Being that we're dealing with seriously deranged individuals, I'm going to make this rather simple: we are communists (i.e., activists who demand the socialization of the means of production, distribution, and exchange) who additionally believe that national identity is not reducible to bourgeois ideology. We categorically reject every tenet of fascist doctrine (e.g., ethnic chauvinism, militarism, imperialism, palingenetic ultranationalism, and corporativism).

What I find so ironic is many of the figures these cosmopolitan imbeciles revere (e.g., Karl Marx and Mikhail Bakunin) made remarks infinitely more racist than one could locate among the restricted members of this forum. Yet how often does one hear Marx, Engels, or Bakunin accused of "fascism"?

I concur except that I'm not a communist. I'm a mutualist.

But seriously, do they actually read the god damn forum? The only criticism they can really make is how we tend to be inactive and possibly having a much thicker skin when dealing with newer, more misguided users. Also, I love how they censor all links to our forum, as if they don't want the average user to actually read our posts.

Honestly, I wish they put it into the opposing ideology section, so I can at least clarify things to the more sane Revleft members. I still have an account in Revleft.

As for "gems about feminist misandry", I think they, or Vincent West, should realize that the bigger feminist in that thread had somewhat racialist views and the views on feminism were hardly united amongst the membership. I, for one, disavowed feminism, with its constant victimization of women and promoting a new set of ridiculous gender expectations, for a general egalitarianism and libertarianism on the issue in which individuals are unburdened by gender roles, both masculine or feminine in nature. Also, I haven't really seen any use of the word "mangina" in that thread, though I could be enlightened when it comes to that.

And for "threads about whether "autonomous nationalists" and Strasserists are their allies", that was made by one of the aforementioned "misguided" users. (This is my opinion on the users. I do not represent the entirety of the forum in any way.) I unilaterally criticized and dismissed them, but I did say that it is usually easy for them to be convinced out of their confused ideas. This is not to say that we should align ourselves with people of that ideological persuasion. In fact, you can say that we're killing fascism and other forms of right-wing populism by taking away their rank-and-file members.

Finally, the tendency function of this forum is for members to announce their personal tendencies, and even the restricted members can announce their tendencies. The majority of the forum's active userbase profess some form of syndicalism, including myself with myself professing a combination of De-Leonist syndicalism and mutualism. I am actually rather liberal on social issues, and my nationalism is more civic and cultural rather than blood and soil. And, I favor a decentralized, direct-democratic, and constitutional government over a highly centralized state. So, this forum is most definitely not just a place for National Bolsheviks and "Red Fascists" to get their Soviet nostalgia on. I don't even use Soviet imagery for goodness sakes.

Also, it is rather funny how Revleft is criticizing us for being too liberal with our treatment of the userbase. I thought we were the intolerant and bigoted fascists who love authoritarianism.

I think we need to form a decent phalanx against the charge of those near-slanderous accusations. (Get it?)  Very Happy
avatar
Uberak
_________________________
_________________________

Tendency : Cantonalist
Posts : 129
Reputation : 65
Join date : 2013-02-24
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

Re: The RevLeft Troll Thread

Post by Leon Mcnichol on Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:10 pm

How funny, RevLeft still remembers us. Giving the normal atention span of their membership (witch usually wanes after they come of age) i was about to bet they would think we are some sort of ancient greece fans or something...

They totally seem oblivious to the fact that their forum keeps rehashing the same old discussions over and over again, in a sort of big circular thread that only makes them look like some upside down version of stormfront....

Opss, i said too much...  Embarassed    Very Happy

_________________
RSF Executive Commitee Officer
avatar
Leon Mcnichol
________________________
________________________

Posts : 352
Reputation : 287
Join date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: The RevLeft Troll Thread

Post by cogarian888 on Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:03 pm

RevLeft is a joke. They seem to think that they can confront different ideologies by censoring them and strawmanning them; unfortunately for them, people can actually read and judge things for themselves. That's how I came to the Socialist Phalanx: they were complaining about how "fascist" the site was, and I checked it out for myself and noticed that it's nothing like Iron March or Stormfront, and that RevLeft is full of shit. Maybe they should try actually engaging different views on the national question instead of sticking with mainstream Left orthodoxy. Or, of course, they could just keep banning everyone who joins their forum with even moderately different views, and lead them into the arms of various political enemies.

The latter being what almost happened to me when I realized that the position that races differ biologically isn't some completely debunked notion that only the most anti-science people could subscribe to. Even though this forum may widely disagree with this notion, you have to at least admit it's not completely out of the realm of possibility, and that the case for it is nuanced and deserves a nuanced response. You will not find any nuanced response from the mainstream Left, which just responds with insults and shaming. Since they didn't give me a forum to integrate that with my other beliefs, I had to look to people who did consider this possibility; thankfully, I could see through the social conservatism, corporatism, and Jew blaming of the fascists. Not everyone is like me, though.

When you don't even consider an issue and just make it a taboo that is completely off limits, and when you don't respond to arguments that are worth responding to, you make people who mostly agree with you question their entire value system. The Left needs to actually engage with positions it finds disagreeable, and they especially need to consider Left Nationalist viewpoints on the national question.

Uberak wrote:As for "gems about feminist misandry", I think they, or Vincent West, should realize that the bigger feminist in that thread had somewhat racialist views

I don't see how this is relevant to the point I was making in that thread, or what point you're trying to make with bringing it up.

I realize you and most people disagree with racialism, but if you actually engage with me, I think you'll discover that I'm not just a crank asshole or just completely unreasonable. This isn't the thread for that, of course, but I'm just making a plea that you don't dismiss me entirely solely because of my racial views, which probably aren't what you think they are.
avatar
cogarian888
___________________________
___________________________

Tendency : National Anarcho-Syndicalism
Posts : 42
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 21
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: The RevLeft Troll Thread

Post by Uberak on Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:48 pm

cogarian888 wrote:I don't see how this is relevant to the point I was making in that thread, or what point you're trying to make with bringing it up.

I realize you and most people disagree with racialism, but if you actually engage with me, I think you'll discover that I'm not just a crank asshole or just completely unreasonable. This isn't the thread for that, of course, but I'm just making a plea that you don't dismiss me entirely solely because of my racial views, which probably aren't what you think they are.

Okay, I admit that I'm a bit heavy-handed with you, and I apologize for that out of both courtesy and respecting your right as a member to speak your opinion. But, I intended it to be more of a trolling maneuver towards Revleft's direction than anything else, since they were complaining about "gems about feminist misandry". Just to say, "the position you're rabidly defending or enforcing doesn't make you lefter than thou".

And, I hope to have more fruitful discussions with you later.
avatar
Uberak
_________________________
_________________________

Tendency : Cantonalist
Posts : 129
Reputation : 65
Join date : 2013-02-24
Age : 20

Back to top Go down

Re: The RevLeft Troll Thread

Post by HomelessArtist on Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:11 pm

cogarian888 wrote:Maybe they should try actually engaging different views on the national question instead of sticking with mainstream Left orthodoxy.

Now that you mention this; I imagine the regular RevLeft poster to be an upper/upper-middle class college studient studying liberal arts or humanities and when they get a job on their mom & pop's bussines they become run-of-the-mill liberals or libertarians.

HomelessArtist
___________________________
___________________________

Tendency : conservative socialist
Posts : 98
Reputation : 24
Join date : 2013-11-18

Back to top Go down

Re: The RevLeft Troll Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum