Questions about the forum and the RSF

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by Rebel Redneck 59 on Fri May 27, 2011 11:05 pm


A few recent events have caused me to ( unfortunately) become suspicious of the purpose of this forum as well as the purpose of the RSF. Up till now I thought very positively of this forum and the Revolutionary Syndicalist Front but now I am a little shocked.

First of all the arrival of a certain member who wrote that he agrees with Lenin and Stalin. A few members welcomed him with open arms. Second of all I also noticed another member who declared himself ( or herself) to be a Communist. Some other members took issue with him or her ( for allegedly being an impostor) but not with his or her declared beliefs. Last of all I noticed ( to my great shock) that a moderator and the Chairman of the RSF wrote that he is a heterodox Marxist. I had great respect for this fellow ( and I still do to some extent) but I must say I am greatly disturbed.

I am not trying to whine about the presence of other members here. I just want to ask a few questions about the purpose of this forum and the RSF:

1. What kind of people are allowed to join? I know the FAQ says Revolutionary Socialists and Progressive Nationalists however two members who recently joined seem to be neither Revolutionary Socialists or Progressive Nationalists. I must ask why are they allowed to be members of this forum if they do not meet the requirements for membership.

2. As for Revolutionary Socialists: Are Revolutionary Socialists who arent Nationalists allowed to join? If so then may I ask what is the point of allowing such people to join? I can understand allowing Socialists who are open ( or at least not hostile ) to Nationalism to join but allowing any sort of Revolutionary Socialist to join is asking for trouble since many of them are staunch Internationalists who would feud with other Nationalist members.

3. What about Communists? Are they allowed to join? One member who joined recently is an open Communist while another seems to be one.

Last of all I would like to ask what sort of organization is the Revolutionary Syndicalist Front? Is it a Socialist Nationalist one? Or is it some group where all sorts of Socialists are welcome and Nationalists are just merely tolerated? I am asking because the Chairmans recent post stating that he is a heterodox Marxist has caused me to doubt the stated purpose of the Revolutionary Syndicalist Front. Up till now I thought that all members of the RSF were Non Marxist Socialists but now I suspect that is not true.

I would appreciate it if someone could answer my questions. All I am looking for is honest answers. If the purpose of this forum and the RSF has changed then that is very well. I will not try to stop anyone from forming their own group whether I agree with them or not. I just simply wont be a part of a group whose purpose I dont agree with.

With Respect,
Rebel Warrior 59
avatar
Rebel Redneck 59
___________________
___________________

Tendency : Venerable Rogue
Posts : 377
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by Celtiberian on Sat May 28, 2011 1:43 am

Rebel Warrior 59 wrote:First of all the arrival of a certain member who wrote that he agrees with Lenin and Stalin. A few members welcomed him with open arms.

"Agreeing" with Lenin and Stalin can mean a number of things. For example, it could mean that one upholds the theory of democratic centralism, or perhaps finding some value in the notion of 'Socialism in One Country.' It's certainly not a valid reason to dismiss someone offhand, especially if they also advocate on behalf of nationalism.

Welcoming nationalists who may appreciate certain insights from Stalinism or Leninism doesn't mean that we necessarily agree with those views ourselves. This is a plural forum which allows anyone who espouses progressive nationalism and/or revolutionary socialism to join—this can range from certain National-Anarchists to National Communists (and everything in-between). This forum isn't meant to solely have unanimous consensus; differences of opinion and civil debate are perfectly fine.

Second of all I also noticed another member who declared himself ( or herself) to be a Communist. Some other members took issue with him or her ( for allegedly being an impostor) but not with his or her declared beliefs.


That's because "communism" can mean many things. Claiming to be a 'communist' is as vague as claiming to be a 'socialist'—there are several differing interpretations and conceptions of what communism is. The 'communism' of, say, Mikhail Bakunin and his followers is radically different from the 'communism' espoused by the likes of Lenin (to take a well known example).

Last of all I noticed ( to my great shock) that a moderator and the Chairman of the RSF wrote that he is a heterodox Marxist. I had great respect for this fellow ( and I still do to some extent) but I must say I am greatly disturbed.

And I greatly appreciate whatever respect you may continue to have for me. If you explain which specific aspects of my heterodox Marxism you find disagreeable, perhaps we might have a rational discussion about them.

1. What kind of people are allowed to join? I know the FAQ says Revolutionary Socialists and Progressive Nationalists however two members who recently joined seem to be neither Revolutionary Socialists or Progressive Nationalists. I must ask why are they allowed to be members of this forum if they do not meet the requirements for membership.

Every recent member (that I'm aware of) has explicitly stated their identification with both nationalism and socialism. Now, you may adamantly disagree with their particular variety of nationalism and/or socialism, but that doesn't mean they aren't 'real' nationalists or socialists.

2. As for Revolutionary Socialists: Are Revolutionary Socialists who arent Nationalists allowed to join? If so then may I ask what is the point of allowing such people to join? I can understand allowing Socialists who are open ( or at least not hostile ) to Nationalism to join but allowing any sort of Revolutionary Socialist to join is asking for trouble since many of them are staunch Internationalists who would feud with other Nationalist members.

To my knowledge, the revolutionary socialists we're referring to are also nationalists. Internationalist/anti-nationalist socialists are welcome to post in the Opposing Views section of the forum—specifically in the subsection titled "Cosmopolitans."

3. What about Communists? Are they allowed to join? One member who joined recently is an open Communist while another seems to be one.

It depends on whether or not the form of communism they espouse is nationalist in orientation.

Last of all I would like to ask what sort of organization is the Revolutionary Syndicalist Front? Is it a Socialist Nationalist one? Or is it some group where all sorts of Socialists are welcome and Nationalists are just merely tolerated? I am asking because the Chairmans recent post stating that he is a heterodox Marxist has caused me to doubt the stated purpose of the Revolutionary Syndicalist Front. Up till now I thought that all members of the RSF were Non Marxist Socialists but now I suspect that is not true.

The Revolutionary Syndicalist Front is a Socialist Nationalist think tank. Every member is a self-identified progressive nationalist, myself included.

_________________
RSF Executive Committee (Chairman)
"The dogma of human equality is no part of Communism . . . the formula of Communism: 'from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs', would be nonsense, if abilities were equal."
—J. B. S. Haldane Hammer Sickle

"Nationality. . . is a historic, local fact which, like all real and harmless facts, has the right to claim general acceptance. . . Every people, like every person, is involuntarily that which it is and therefore has a right to be itself. . . Nationality is not a principle; it is a legitimate fact, just as individuality is. Every nationality, great or small, has the incontestable right to be itself, to live according to its own nature. This right is simply the corollary of the general principle of freedom."
—Mikhail Bakunin Red Star
avatar
Celtiberian
________________________
________________________

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist
Posts : 1523
Reputation : 1615
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 30
Location : Florida

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by Leon Mcnichol on Sat May 28, 2011 8:55 am

Rebel Warrior, as far as i am concerned, nothing in me, or in the RSF has changed. I am still not a communist, and the RSF is still a nationalist organization, with a socialist economic view.

As for the forum, we indeed decided to not let it be just a "one party line forum", since such would just keep us being a small marginalized group on the internet. A forum is diferent from a whole movement, and we don't want to be another SF or RL that bans people just for minor disagreements.

That said, anyone who upholds the "borderless" world, or is against cultural, racial or national self determination won't be welcome, i can promise you that.

_________________
RSF Executive Commitee Officer
avatar
Leon Mcnichol
________________________
________________________

Posts : 352
Reputation : 287
Join date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by Admin on Tue May 31, 2011 12:08 am

Rebel Warrior 59 wrote:
A few recent events have caused me to ( unfortunately) become suspicious of the purpose of this forum as well as the purpose of the RSF. Up till now I thought very positively of this forum and the Revolutionary Syndicalist Front but now I am a little shocked.

First of all the arrival of a certain member who wrote that he agrees with Lenin and Stalin. A few members welcomed him with open arms. Second of all I also noticed another member who declared himself ( or herself) to be a Communist. Some other members took issue with him or her ( for allegedly being an impostor) but not with his or her declared beliefs. Last of all I noticed ( to my great shock) that a moderator and the Chairman of the RSF wrote that he is a heterodox Marxist. I had great respect for this fellow ( and I still do to some extent) but I must say I am greatly disturbed.

I am not trying to whine about the presence of other members here. I just want to ask a few questions about the purpose of this forum and the RSF:

Well, first we need to establish the fact that the Revolutionary Syndicalist Front (RSF) and the Socialist Phalanx are two entirely different entities. As such, I should caution any conflation of membership qualifications, respective functions, etc. As is stated in the Socialist Phalanx's information section: "This is a forum designed to cater to a diverse variety of revolutionaries who are committed to the pursuit economic justice and national solidarity." (This sort of diversity does not exist within the RSF — which is an ideologically homogeneous organization.)

1. What kind of people are allowed to join? I know the FAQ says Revolutionary Socialists and Progressive Nationalists however two members who recently joined seem to be neither Revolutionary Socialists or Progressive Nationalists. I must ask why are they allowed to be members of this forum if they do not meet the requirements for membership.

All active members who have been accorded the liberty to post in the Socialist Phalanx have been determined to meet the forum's membership qualifications by the forum's administration and moderators. Members will invariably disagree with one another on specific issues and that much should be expected on a pluralistic forum such as this one. However, to assert that someone is either acting in violation of the forum's guidelines or simply does not meet membership qualifications is serious charge. In those cases, we encourage concerned members to contact the forum's administration or moderators, who will then proceed accordingly (in a judicious capacity).

2. As for Revolutionary Socialists: Are Revolutionary Socialists who arent Nationalists allowed to join? If so then may I ask what is the point of allowing such people to join? I can understand allowing Socialists who are open ( or at least not hostile ) to Nationalism to join but allowing any sort of Revolutionary Socialist to join is asking for trouble since many of them are staunch Internationalists who would feud with other Nationalist members.

The portion of your statement in bold coincides with our general policy. We don't expect every revolutionary socialist who joins the forum to hold (left-wing) nationalist sentiments from the outset anymore than we expect every progressive nationalist to hold purely revolutionary socialist sentiments. However, there are parameters that we expect members to abide by. That being said, I find your concerns regarding the members who have demonstrated a certain level of ideological affinity with 'Marxism' to be somewhat alarmist, as neither member has demonstrated any hostility towards left-wing nationalism.

You need to understand that not every individual who acknowledges a Marxist influence in his or her overall ideological disposition is necessarily a cosmopolitan. To assume as much is akin to the cosmopolitans assuming that every nationalist is automatically an imperialist and pro-bourgeois.

3. What about Communists? Are they allowed to join? One member who joined recently is an open Communist while another seems to be one.

An individual who considers himself or herself a communist yet still maintains either an adequate level of fidelity or neutrality to the overall premise of left-wing nationalism is certainly free to join.

Last of all I would like to ask what sort of organization is the Revolutionary Syndicalist Front? Is it a Socialist Nationalist one? Or is it some group where all sorts of Socialists are welcome and Nationalists are just merely tolerated? I am asking because the Chairmans recent post stating that he is a heterodox Marxist has caused me to doubt the stated purpose of the Revolutionary Syndicalist Front. Up till now I thought that all members of the RSF were Non Marxist Socialists but now I suspect that is not true.

As I previously stated, the RSF is an ideologically homogeneous organization. Of course, as in any collective body, there will be some level of diversity in its composition; but you should not let that fact obscure the group's overall purpose —which, in the case of the RSF, is clearly outlined for all to see.

Moreover, the fact that members of the ECRSF are in fact Marxists does not negate its basis in left-wing nationalists principles. Like Lenin, we do not find any incompatibility between Marxian theory and support for national self-determination.

I would appreciate it if someone could answer my questions. All I am looking for is honest answers. If the purpose of this forum and the RSF has changed then that is very well. I will not try to stop anyone from forming their own group whether I agree with them or not. I just simply wont be a part of a group whose purpose I dont agree with.

With Respect,
Rebel Warrior 59

I hope this cleared everything up for you. If you have any additional questions, I would be happy to answer them.


Last edited by Admin on Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Admin
_____________________________
_____________________________

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist
Posts : 971
Reputation : 864
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : La Florida

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by Rebel Redneck 59 on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:20 pm

I have been absent for a few days, taking the time to think through all these replies. I have come to the conclusion that the purpose of this forum ( as well as the purpose of the RSF) is flawed and will lead to nowhere and nothingness. The reasons being:

1. The presence and tolerance of " heterodox" Marxists in the RSF ( and even on this forum)
2. The tolerance of Communists on this forum.
3. And above all general ideological confusion.

Marxism was meant to be a dogmatic ideology. Marx was famous for denouncing anyone who did not exactly agree with him ( and of course Engels accepted him doing so). To be a Marxist one must unconditionally accept all the tenets of Marxism ( including its Internationalism). I dont believe there are any Marxist members of this forum and the RSF. I do know, however, that there are a lot of ideologically confused members of both places. The stubborn insistence of some on here who claim to be heterodox Marxists proves this fact. Marxism must be rejected totally and completely unless one wants to go on the road to nowhereland. All Marxist tenets are bankrupt and idiotic ( to say the least). Therefore I cannot and will not cooperate with anyone who is a Marxist or even believes in a single Marxist idea. Socialism must be purged of Marxism if it is to go anywhere.

Not to mention the fact that I will be of more use on the streets or at the factory then on here. I am the son of a Hungarian peasant turned coal miner after all. I only learned how to read and speak the language of intellectuals. I cannot understand much of what is discussed here and I think I will be of more use elsewhere.

Therefore I end by saying that due to the ideological confusion on this forum and within the RSF , I must say that your group's efforts will most likely fail. One cannot hold together so many different ideas. I ask to be no longer considered a member of the RSF ( if I ever was considered one that is). I do not wish my account to be disabled but its likely that I wont post much anymore. I still admire the abilities and intelligence of many of you and I apologize if I come off as rude ( which is not my intention). Your beliefs and goals are simply different than mine and because of that there is no point in me working together with any of you. Perhaps in the future, if your goals ever happen to change, you will hear from me again. I promise that I will not do anything to sabotage your efforts. You will not see me slandering you on some online forum ( for example). I wish all of you good fortune in your lives and all the best.

With Respect,
Rebel Warrior 59 ( aka Rebel Redneck 59)
avatar
Rebel Redneck 59
___________________
___________________

Tendency : Venerable Rogue
Posts : 377
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by GF on Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:28 pm

Hey Rebel Warrior 59, haven't talked to you in a while. Very Happy

Anyway, anyone who is a Socialist and Nationalist can join. In my opinion, if you can find a way to make Communism (which is a form of Socialism) and Nationalism work you're fine with me. Now of course, if you are a Communist, but are not a Nationalist, I see no reason for you to be able to post in the main part of the forum. If I were to find anyone who was a Socialist but not a Nationalist (and vice versa) posting in the main forum, I would notify the administrator, and I would recommend you to do the same.

_________________




"There are two novels that can transform a bookish 14-year-kld’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish daydream that can lead to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood in which large chunks of the day are spent inventing ways to make real life more like a fantasy novel. The other is a book about orcs."

"My special juice is gonna help me win." - Honey Boo Boo Child

Commissar of Latrines
avatar
GF
_________________________
_________________________

Tendency : Socialist
Posts : 375
Reputation : 191
Join date : 2011-04-01
Age : 20
Location : FL

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by Leon Mcnichol on Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:17 am

Rebel Warrior, it's with sadness that i read your post. I don't forget that you were one of the comrades who was along side me during the purge.

I understand your disdain for Marx or anything Marx related, and believe me, i tried my best to acomodate all here. Remember that many socialists despised Marx, and i don't consider myself "marxist" either.

As for your decision to leave, i ask you to postpone it until you read the official RSF faq that is in the making. It will clear where exactly the RSF stands as a whole, and not the personal considerations of each member.

_________________
RSF Executive Commitee Officer
avatar
Leon Mcnichol
________________________
________________________

Posts : 352
Reputation : 287
Join date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by Celtiberian on Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:05 am

Rebel Warrior 59 wrote:I have been absent for a few days, taking the time to think through all these replies. I have come to the conclusion that the purpose of this forum ( as well as the purpose of the RSF) is flawed and will lead to nowhere and nothingness. The reasons being:

1. The presence and tolerance of " heterodox" Marxists in the RSF ( and even on this forum)
2. The tolerance of Communists on this forum.
3. And above all general ideological confusion.

The purpose of this forum is to network with like-minded comrades—which, broadly speaking, means those who adhere to some form of socialism and/or progressive nationalism—around the world and to discuss and debate issues in a civil manner, nothing more. Obviously, the real work of the movement will take place on the streets, campuses, and workplaces. As for the RSF, our task is to offer ideological clarity and direction specifically for Revolutionary Syndicalist organizations.

Marxism was meant to be a dogmatic ideology. Marx was famous for denouncing anyone who did not exactly agree with him ( and of course Engels accepted him doing so). To be a Marxist one must unconditionally accept all the tenets of Marxism ( including its Internationalism). I dont believe there are any Marxist members of this forum and the RSF. I do know, however, that there are a lot of ideologically confused members of both places. The stubborn insistence of some on here who claim to be heterodox Marxists proves this fact.


I disagree with the notion that Marxism was ever meant to be a dogmatic ideology. While it may be true that Karl Marx was something of an uncompromising individual during his lifetime, I'm quite sure he'd consider dogmatism to be unscientific in nature and therefore wouldn't want his legacy to be associated with such a theistic, blind obedience. Even the orthodox Marxism upheld by the members of the Second International (Karl Kautsky, et al.) held to the notion that Marxism should adapt itself to "changes within the realm of current events and knowledge."

Socialists and communists alike have been critiquing aspects of Marxism since its inception, though without entirely dismissing what's of value within the tradition. Such individuals can rightly be described as 'heterodox Marxists,' and I don't believe that this label is necessarily a sign of "ideological confusion." It's not as if there's some sort of Marxist rulebook which states: 'every tenet of Marxism (including internationalism) must be upheld if one is to invoke title of Marxism.'

Marxism must be rejected totally and completely unless one wants to go on the road to nowhereland. All Marxist tenets are bankrupt and idiotic ( to say the least). Therefore I cannot and will not cooperate with anyone who is a Marxist or even believes in a single Marxist idea. Socialism must be purged of Marxism if it is to go anywhere.


To claim that all of the tenets of Marxism are "bankrupt" and "idiotic" is to essentially say that many aspects of socialism in general are "bankrupt" and "idiotic"—since much of Marx's work was profoundly influenced by prior socialist theoreticians. Moreover, I simply cannot see how a socialist could disagree with Marx's superb critique of capital; nor even aspects of dialectical and/or historical materialism. Even the highly controversial labor theory of value (which Marx wasn't the first to embrace) has plenty of evidence to support it.

I disagree that Marxism must be rejected in toto if we're serious about moving forward as a movement. To reject Marxism entirely is to abandon an extremely useful method by which to analyze the innermost workings of the capitalist mode of production, in my opinion. Nevertheless, you obviously have every right disassociated from anything even vaguely affiliated with Marxism.

Not to mention the fact that I will be of more use on the streets or at the factory then on here. I am the son of a Hungarian peasant turned coal miner after all. I only learned how to read and speak the language of intellectuals. I cannot understand much of what is discussed here and I think I will be of more use elsewhere.

We'll all be of more value off of the internet and engaged in direct action. Further, I think you're being unfair to yourself to claim that you don't understand most of what's discussed on this forum—you're just as capable of engaging in and comprehending intellectual discourse as any other member of this forum.

Therefore I end by saying that due to the ideological confusion on this forum and within the RSF , I must say that your group's efforts will most likely fail. One cannot hold together so many different ideas. I ask to be no longer considered a member of the RSF ( if I ever was considered one that is). I do not wish my account to be disabled but its likely that I wont post much anymore. I still admire the abilities and intelligence of many of you and I apologize if I come off as rude ( which is not my intention). Your beliefs and goals are simply different than mine and because of that there is no point in me working together with any of you. Perhaps in the future, if your goals ever happen to change, you will hear from me again. I promise that I will not do anything to sabotage your efforts. You will not see me slandering you on some online forum ( for example). I wish all of you good fortune in your lives and all the best.

With Respect,
Rebel Warrior 59 ( aka Rebel Redneck 59)

Your posts didn't come across as being rude at all, and I apologize if any of mine did. I appreciate your frankness, as well as your commitment to not sabotaging or slandering the efforts of the RSF or the Socialist Phalanx. I'm quite sad to see you go, as I've greatly enjoyed our discussions. I realize you may not feel inclined to post here for a while, due to your aforementioned ideological disagreement with some of the forum's members, but please know that you're always welcome here.

_________________
RSF Executive Committee (Chairman)
"The dogma of human equality is no part of Communism . . . the formula of Communism: 'from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs', would be nonsense, if abilities were equal."
—J. B. S. Haldane Hammer Sickle

"Nationality. . . is a historic, local fact which, like all real and harmless facts, has the right to claim general acceptance. . . Every people, like every person, is involuntarily that which it is and therefore has a right to be itself. . . Nationality is not a principle; it is a legitimate fact, just as individuality is. Every nationality, great or small, has the incontestable right to be itself, to live according to its own nature. This right is simply the corollary of the general principle of freedom."
—Mikhail Bakunin Red Star
avatar
Celtiberian
________________________
________________________

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist
Posts : 1523
Reputation : 1615
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 30
Location : Florida

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by Isakenaz on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:42 am

Rebel Warrior59:
Comrade,
Like many here I am saddened by your decision and will miss your presence. The three points you make can easily be explained,
the first two, are basicaly the same;
1. The presence and tolerance of " heterodox" Marxists in the RSF ( and even on this forum)
2. The tolerance of Communists on this forum.
You speak of presences and toleration, at the moment in this stage of the RSF's development, I, personaly, would tolerate the presence of the devil himself. Later when the RSF if fully fleshed out and working, then I would think it would be time to address the toleration issue.
In the same way your third point;
3. And above all general ideological confusion.
Yes at the moment our ideology may suffer from a level of confusion, that is something we are working on constantly. Hence our willingness to study Marx, Trotsky, Bakunin, Kropotkin, Hitler, etc without favour or fear. We have to build a new ideology, not simply assimilate those failures of the past.
There is much work to be done and it saddens me that you have decided that you will not be assisting in that work. Still if that is your decision, so be it. We are not 'Stalinists' or 'Hitlerites' who demand uswavering loyalty.

Andrew P (previously 'Guardian of the Bridge', now 'Isakenaz')
avatar
Isakenaz
___________________
___________________

Tendency : Socialist-Nationalist
Posts : 646
Reputation : 266
Join date : 2011-04-02
Age : 61
Location : Yorkshire, England

Back to top Go down

My Return

Post by Rebel Redneck 59 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:37 am

After a long leave of absence I have decided to return.

First of all I missed all the debates that took place on here. At first I thought a forum that allowed Communists and Non Communists to join would turn into a disaster ( which is the main reason why I left). But, as far as I can see, Communists and Non Communists have gotten along splendidly. I have posted on a forum that included Capitalists, in the past, so I see no reason why I shouldnt post on one that includes Communists. I must admit, being a Hungarian causes me to be a little biased against Communists, but I am willing to tolerate them on a forum. I may debate with those I disagree with but I definitely wont start flamewars with them or anything of the sort. So anyways I just thought Id let everyone know that Ive come back before I start making serious posts again.

All the best,

Rebel Warrior 59

avatar
Rebel Redneck 59
___________________
___________________

Tendency : Venerable Rogue
Posts : 377
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by Rev Scare on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:47 am

Rebel Warrior 59 wrote: After a long leave of absence I have decided to return.

First of all I missed all the debates that took place on here. At first I thought a forum that allowed Communists and Non Communists to join would turn into a disaster ( which is the main reason why I left). But, as far as I can see, Communists and Non Communists have gotten along splendidly. I have posted on a forum that included Capitalists, in the past, so I see no reason why I shouldnt post on one that includes Communists. I must admit, being a Hungarian causes me to be a little biased against Communists, but I am willing to tolerate them on a forum. I may debate with those I disagree with but I definitely wont start flamewars with them or anything of the sort. So anyways I just thought Id let everyone know that Ive come back before I start making serious posts again.

All the best,

Rebel Warrior 59

It is good to know that you have decided to return. As long as you subscribe to revolutionary socialism and left-wing nationalism, you are free to harbor any other sentiments on the forum (provided, of course, that they are in accord with the guidelines). Civil debate is always welcome.

_________________
"Let us finally imagine, for a change, an association of free men, working with the means of production held in common." Hammer Sickle
Karl Marx



RSF Executive Committee Officer
avatar
Rev Scare
________________________
________________________

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist
Posts : 821
Reputation : 911
Join date : 2011-04-02
Age : 27
Location : Utah

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by Rebel Redneck 59 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:57 am

Rev Scare wrote:It is good to know that you have decided to return. As long as you subscribe to revolutionary socialism and left-wing nationalism, you are free to harbor any other sentiments on the forum (provided, of course, that they are in accord with the guidelines). Civil debate is always welcome.


Thanks RevScare. My views havent changed one bit since my absence by the way. I am still a Socialist who seeks to abolish Capitalism and a Nationalist who is Anti Imperialist and Anti Chauvinist.
avatar
Rebel Redneck 59
___________________
___________________

Tendency : Venerable Rogue
Posts : 377
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by Leon Mcnichol on Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:37 pm

It's good to have you back Rebel Warrior, you are most welcome.

_________________
RSF Executive Commitee Officer
avatar
Leon Mcnichol
________________________
________________________

Posts : 352
Reputation : 287
Join date : 2011-04-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by Celtiberian on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:48 pm

Rebel Warrior 59 wrote: After a long leave of absence I have decided to return.

First of all I missed all the debates that took place on here. At first I thought a forum that allowed Communists and Non Communists to join would turn into a disaster ( which is the main reason why I left). But, as far as I can see, Communists and Non Communists have gotten along splendidly. I have posted on a forum that included Capitalists, in the past, so I see no reason why I shouldnt post on one that includes Communists. I must admit, being a Hungarian causes me to be a little biased against Communists, but I am willing to tolerate them on a forum. I may debate with those I disagree with but I definitely wont start flamewars with them or anything of the sort. So anyways I just thought Id let everyone know that Ive come back before I start making serious posts again.

All the best,

Rebel Warrior 59

I'm really glad you've decided to join us again, comrade (the forum wasn't the same without you). I look forward to engaging in further dialog with you.


Last edited by Celtiberian on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________
RSF Executive Committee (Chairman)
"The dogma of human equality is no part of Communism . . . the formula of Communism: 'from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs', would be nonsense, if abilities were equal."
—J. B. S. Haldane Hammer Sickle

"Nationality. . . is a historic, local fact which, like all real and harmless facts, has the right to claim general acceptance. . . Every people, like every person, is involuntarily that which it is and therefore has a right to be itself. . . Nationality is not a principle; it is a legitimate fact, just as individuality is. Every nationality, great or small, has the incontestable right to be itself, to live according to its own nature. This right is simply the corollary of the general principle of freedom."
—Mikhail Bakunin Red Star
avatar
Celtiberian
________________________
________________________

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist
Posts : 1523
Reputation : 1615
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 30
Location : Florida

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by WodzuUK on Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:56 pm

Great to have you back with us my Magyar comrade!
avatar
WodzuUK
___________________
___________________

Tendency : Strasserism
Posts : 67
Reputation : 22
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 24
Location : Norwich, England

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by Rebel Redneck 59 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:20 am

WodzuUK wrote:Great to have you back with us my Magyar comrade!

Ah greetings. I dont think I know you from another forum but nonetheless its good to see a Polish comrade on here.
avatar
Rebel Redneck 59
___________________
___________________

Tendency : Venerable Rogue
Posts : 377
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by Rebel Redneck 59 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:27 am

Oh by the way thanks everyone for the welcomes.
avatar
Rebel Redneck 59
___________________
___________________

Tendency : Venerable Rogue
Posts : 377
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

In Case Anyone Cares...

Post by Rebel Redneck 59 on Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:15 am

What Im gonna write is probably totally pointless. But Ill do it anyways cause it will sort of be like a just for the record kinda thing.

Ive left this forum before and have come back to give it another try but truth be told the views of most on here are light years away from mine. Of course I dont want to change anyone's opinion or anything like that, but its pointless for me to stick around posting any longer. I mean Ive put in my two cents about pretty much everything by now and if I put it in some more then all I would do is start some more long winded debates. Which used to be fun ( and great time killers) but now I just really dont care about debates anymore.

So anyways my point is Im not gonna be posting anymore. I have no hard feelings and I honestly leave in peace. Hell some of you might even run into me at some thrash metal gig or at a seedier bar. Not likely but who knows what will happen. Anyways have a good time everyone. Goodbye.

Rebel Warrior 59 ( aka Rebel Redneck 59)


_________________
Hail the Heroic Barbarian Outlaw Past! Death to Civilization Modernity and Society!
avatar
Rebel Redneck 59
___________________
___________________

Tendency : Venerable Rogue
Posts : 377
Reputation : 62
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : West Virginia

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by RedSun on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:52 pm

It's sad to see him go.

I think I'll take up the purpose of this thread to ask the RSF another question: are the long-term plans of the RSF in any way aimed at a communist society? If so, how would that be achieved from a participatory democratic state? Do the RSF's plans for a communist society differ at all from the standard conception of communism (in particular, how would this differ from the "free access communism" to which Celtiberian objects)?

_________________
'Make the question of the people a question of the nation; then the question of the nation will become the question of the people!'
--Vladimir Lenin
avatar
RedSun
_________________________
_________________________

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist
Posts : 246
Reputation : 143
Join date : 2011-11-05
Location : Canada

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by Celtiberian on Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:31 pm

RedSun wrote:I think I'll take up the purpose of this thread to ask the RSF another question: are the long-term plans of the RSF in any way aimed at a communist society? If so, how would that be achieved from a participatory democratic state? Do the RSF's plans for a communist society differ at all from the standard conception of communism (in particular, how would this differ from the "free access communism" to which Celtiberian objects)?

The RSF hasn't discussed this specific topic yet, so I cannot speak on behalf of the organization. I will, however, offer my personal views on the matter.

I think the current technological trajectory makes communism an inevitability—by which I mean, at some point in the future, an economic system wherein people produce according to their abilities and consume according to their needs will be attained. As I discussed in the Transcendent Man thread, this will likely be achieved by the further automation of production, which will eventually render socially necessary labor obsolete. However, some people would actually consider participatory socialism to be communism; it really just depends on how one interprets the term. After all, "from each according to his ability, to each according to his effort" isn't radically different from "from each according to his abilities, to each according to his need." Certain theorists (e.g., Richard Wolff and Stephen Resnick) even consider workers' self-management itself to be a form of communism.

With respect to free access communism, given the current state of technology, it's simply not a feasible mode of production—the reason being that the system fails to provide adequate incentives for efficient production and it doesn't possess a mechanism capable of indicating the social opportunity cost of producing each good and service demanded in the economy.

_________________
RSF Executive Committee (Chairman)
"The dogma of human equality is no part of Communism . . . the formula of Communism: 'from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs', would be nonsense, if abilities were equal."
—J. B. S. Haldane Hammer Sickle

"Nationality. . . is a historic, local fact which, like all real and harmless facts, has the right to claim general acceptance. . . Every people, like every person, is involuntarily that which it is and therefore has a right to be itself. . . Nationality is not a principle; it is a legitimate fact, just as individuality is. Every nationality, great or small, has the incontestable right to be itself, to live according to its own nature. This right is simply the corollary of the general principle of freedom."
—Mikhail Bakunin Red Star
avatar
Celtiberian
________________________
________________________

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist
Posts : 1523
Reputation : 1615
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 30
Location : Florida

http://www.wix.com/executivecommittee/home

Back to top Go down

Re: Questions about the forum and the RSF

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum