Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guerrilla Warfare

2 posters

:: General :: Culture :: Literature

Go down

Guerrilla Warfare Empty Guerrilla Warfare

Post by Red Aegis Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:58 pm

I think that a discussion of guerrilla warfare would be interesting. Sun Tzu touched on it, so did Mao, Che, and many others. I have personally read Sun Tzu's bit and some of Che's but would like to discuss their or others' contributions on the subject. I have copies of books by those mentioned above on the subject if anyone wants to do a chapter by chapter review or even a short dialogue. The reading isn't complicated and can be done leisurely without much effort, plus they can be read for free online.
Red Aegis
Red Aegis

Tendency : RedSoc

Back to top Go down

Guerrilla Warfare Empty Re: Guerrilla Warfare

Post by Egalitarian Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:50 pm

I've read the first two chapters of Che's Guerrilla Warfare. It is insightful of the conditions required for revolution and its success; by use of guerrillas comprised of saboteurs, bonesetters, local peasantry, etc. to establish formations which can be linked together by the populace into a front where the combative guerrillas themselves can utilize it as a base of operations whilst citizens can compress supply routes and whatnot from the armed forces which have not yet become the new guerrillas. It is at such time "fruit ripens for plucking at a precise moment" as Che calls it.
Egalitarian
Egalitarian

Tendency : Revolutionary Syndicalist

Back to top Go down